Click on above photo to see recipe.
Wild Game Recipes
Newfoundland is known for its abundance of wild game, including moose, caribou, and rabbit. Here are some popular recipes for cooking wild game in Newfoundland:
- Moose Stew: This hearty stew is made with moose meat, potatoes, carrots, and onions, simmered in a rich broth seasoned with thyme and bay leaves.
- Caribou Sauté: Caribou meat is lean and flavorful and can be sautéed with garlic and rosemary for a simple and delicious meal.
- Rabbit Stew: Hare meat is tender and flavorful and is often used in stews and casseroles. This traditional hare stew is made with rabbit, onions, potatoes, and carrots, simmered in a rich tomato broth.
- Moose Burgers: Moose meat is ground and shaped into burgers, which can be grilled or pan-fried and served on buns with your favorite toppings.
- Caribou Roast: Caribou roast is a traditional dish that is typically roasted with garlic and rosemary, and served with potatoes and vegetables.
These are just a few of the many delicious recipes for cooking wild game in Newfoundland. Whether you prefer your wild game slow-cooked in a stew or grilled to perfection, there are many options to choose from. Just be sure to cook the meat to the appropriate temperature to ensure food safety.